Note: This documentation is for FAKE.exe version 5.0 or later. The old documentation can be found here
In this tutorial you will learn how to set up a complete build infrastructure with "FAKE - F# Make". This includes:
- how to install the latest FAKE version
- how to automatically compile your C# or F# projects
- how to automatically resolve nuget dependencies
- how to automatically run NUnit tests on your projects
- how to zip the output to a deployment folder
"FAKE - F# Make" is completely written in F# and all build scripts will also be written in F#, but this doesn't imply that you have to learn programming in F#. In fact the "FAKE - F# Make" syntax is hopefully very easy to learn.
There are various ways to install FAKE 5
Install the 'fake' or 'fake-netcore' package for you system (currenty chocolatey)
choco install fake -pre
- Use it as dotnet tool (soon)
- Bootstrap via shell script (build.cmd/build.sh) (documented soon) > DISCLAIMER: These scripts have no versioning story. You either need to take care of versions yourself (and lock them) or your builds might break on major releases.
The best way is currently to use the quick start guide